The seasons get changed with time, and no homeowner wants to deal with the seasonal pests. Different pests invade home in different seasons. To help you out with pests, we have broken down the invaders for the cooler and warmer seasons of the year with the methods you need to follow to keep them away from your home.
Pest Control in Fall and Winter:
When the weather becomes cold, it seems the pests will run away. It may seem like it, but they like to hide in the colder months. No worries! We have got some helpful tips to get rid of the pests in the colder months.
Pest #1: Mice
Mice can enter into your homes through holes that may be about the size of a nickel.
Tips to Avoid Mice:
- It would help if you sealed the holes or cracks in your home with caulk or quick-plug.
- Store your belongings in sealed boxes.
Pest #2: Cockroaches
No one likes cockroaches. They will halt at nothing to find a place that offers them food and moisture. The kitchen and bathrooms are the favourite places for cockroaches to hide.
Tips to Avoid Cockroaches:
- It would be best if you keep your sinks and appliances clean to avoid cockroaches.
- Make sure your home is free from clutter to avoid these unwanted pests. So do not keep paper bags, newspapers, and garbage in your home for a long time.
Pest #3: Spiders
Spiders will find their way into your home in the chilly weather.
Tips to Avoid Spiders:
- It would help if you kept the shrubs and trees around your home trimmed to avoid spiders.
- Ensure you keep shoes and clothing stored in the plastic containers, as spiders like to hide in shoes and clothes.
Pest #4: Raccoons
Raccoons can enter into your homes in colder months by playing with the garbage cans.
Tips to Avoid Raccoons
- If you want to stop raccoon creating chaos in your home, then contemplate purchasing bin straps on the top of your lids.
- Ensure there are no openings or gaps in your home that can allow raccoons to enter your home.
Pest Control in Spring and Summer:
Yes, spring brings rain, and together with rain, the season can bring pests into your home. In the summer, the pests survive with the thriving heat. We have again got some helpful tips to get rid of the most common spring and summer pests.
Pest #1: Fire Ants
Fire ants are small, but their bites can hurt you. You may find these pests flooding near pools, parks, and lawns. They are omnivores, so that they may eat anything.
Tips to Avoid Fire Ants:
- You should clean up spilled food or drinks before placing them in the recycling bin; otherwise, fire ants can be there to hurt you.
- Also, seal any cracks around your doors and windows to avoid these omnivores.
Pest #2: Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes survive in the heat and humidity. These pests can also cause viral disease, Malaria.
Tips to Avoid Mosquitoes:
- If you want to prevent mosquitoes from thriving in your home, you should eliminate the standing water around your house that may include birdbaths and overturned lids.
- You can also wear the bug spray at night to avoid mosquitoes.
Pest #3: Bed Bugs
Bed bugs love to disturb households ins the spring and the summer. The humidity in the spring and heat in the summer make these seasons a perfect breeding ground for bed bugs. When there are dirt and germs in your house, the likely chances are: Bed bugs will invade your home.
Tips to Avoid Bed Bugs:
- Take a good look at your bed in the summer and the spring to make sure bed bugs do not enter your home. Usually, you may find bed bugs in hotel beds, as there may be germs in hotel beds.
- It would be best to keep your belongings off the floor in your home to ensure that bed bugs do not hurt you.
Pest #4: Termites
Termites are common spring pests, and they are the worst threat to homes of homeowners. They travel in colonies linked to the blooming of surefire trees. These pests like to consume wood.
Tips to Avoid Termites:
- You will need to keep wood away from contacting the ground to avoid termites.
- You should regularly check faucets, pipes, gutters, and air-conditioning units for additional moisture, as termites love moisture, so please keep the moisture away.
Yes, there are four seasons in the year. But all of them come with surprises for your home in terms of the pests. Whether you are facing the chilly months of the fall and the winter or the warm and humid months of the spring and the summer, pest control is a thing that you will need year-round. Thus it will be better for you to call the pest control experts to get rid of the pests from your home.