Summertime means picnics, barbecues and termites?
Yes, termites. These annoying little creatures can cause much damage if they invade your home, so we must advise you about protecting yourself from them. Summer and termites go hand-in-hand, unfortunately.
Termites are attracted to warm weather and love wood, making them a threat to homes and other buildings during the summer months. If you live in an area, especially around Toronto, that is prone to termites, and there are things you can do to stop them from taking over your property.
This article is for residential and commercial property owners who might be in trouble and not know about it.
Today we will help you understand how you can prevent termites from making your life miserable this summer.
Termites And Summer
There is a reason why termites are more active in the summer than in any other season. The warm and humid weather creates the perfect conditions for these wood-destroying pests. They are also attracted to light, so they are drawn to homes and other buildings with many windows.
Termites generally travel in pairs or small groups, so if you see one termite, there is a high chance of more nearby your house or office. They are also very good at hiding, so you might not even know they are there until it’s too late.
Being proactive is the best way to prevent termites from invading your home or business.
You can practice several steps to prevent termites from taking over your property.
- Inspect your property regularly for signs of termites, such as wings, shells, or tunnelling in the wood.
- If you find any evidence of termites, call a professional pest control company immediately.
- Make sure there is no wood-to-soil contact on your property.
- Remove any dead trees or stumps from your property.
- Keep firewood, mulch, and other organic materials away from the foundation of your home or building.
- Ensure that gutters and downspouts are clean and in good condition.
- Repair any leaks in your plumbing or roof as soon as possible.
- Regularly check your property for signs of termites and have a professional pest control company treat your property if necessary.
If you take these preventive measures, you will be less likely to have a problem with termites this summer. However, even if you managed to do everything right, there is still a chance that termites could invade your property.
All you will have to worry about is enjoying your summer! Summer is the time that you should enjoy instead of worrying about termites. But if you are a property owner, it is important to be aware of these pests’ dangers. Please take the necessary precautions to prevent them from taking over your home or business. If you have a termite problem, call a professional pest control company like Pesticon. They are professional and experienced, and they will be able to get rid of the problem quickly. Contact us, and we will help you in no time.