When To Let The Dogs in Vaughan Out After Spraying Pesticides?

We all love to see a vibrant and lush lawn, right?

And that can only be done if we keep pests away from it. Otherwise, they will eat or destroy all the plants and trees that we have. For that purpose, we use different types of pesticides and more. But we also have to make sure that our dogs are safe and sound during this entire process.

It is not rare for a dog to get poisoning from pesticides outside or inside the house. In fact, according to the studies, dogs are the animals that are more susceptible to pesticide-treated lawns.

The dogs experience a range of health problems when exposed to pesticides. It includes the symptoms like skin rashes, vomiting, respiratory issues, etc.

There Is loads of information on the impact of pesticides on your dog. So, we’ve put it all together right here for you.

Let’s dive into it!

When to allow your dogs to go to the lawn after spraying the Pesticides?

Many of the pesticides dry out in a short amount of time. However, you have to be completely sure before your dog can go to the lawn. Most experts suggest waiting for at least 48 hours before letting your dog out on the property.

If your dog goes out to the lawn before the pesticide has dried, it could not only inhale the pesticide and it could also stick to the dog’s skin. Dogs run around and roll on the ground, making it easier for the pesticide to stick to their skins.

And you know what happens next, right?

Your dog licks itself, and now you have a sick dog on your hands.

Why is Lawn pesticide not good for Dogs?

It has been proven that dogs and all pets are at risk of health problems when exposed to Pesticides, including herbicides and insecticides.

For example, The chances of cancer in dogs increase by 70% for dog owners who spray insecticides in their homes. There has been a correlation between pesticides in the lawn and cancer in Dogs.

One of the experiments tested the dog’s urine where the owner had a lawn, and he sprayed it with pesticides. They found out that urine contained the herbicide, which means the herbicide has been absorbed into the dog’s digestive system causing multiple health problems. That’s the reason why exposure to the herbicide-treated lawn can lead to bladder cancer in dogs.

Tips to keep your Dogs safe from Pesticide Exposure

  • Whenever you’ve got a pest control company servicing your lawn, make sure you keep all your pets away from the lawn and keep them in a safe place inside your house.
  • Choose the Pesticides which are not too harmful to your kids and your pets.
  • Bath your dog after the treatment to ensure that their skin doesn’t have any residue from the pesticides.
  • Keep the accessories like water bowls, toys, and food bowls in a sealed container.


The minimum amount of time that the manufacturers have suggested is to keep your dogs indoors for at least 48 hours. After 48 hours, the pesticide sprayed on your lawn dries up completely, and you can allow your pets to have fun in your garden.

Our Guarantee

Pesticon offers the best pest control services in Toronto that our backed by our 6 months guarantee. We will visit your property free of charge if your pest problems persist as your satisfaction is our number 1 priority!

Pesticon has consistently won the HomeStars award for Best Pest Control Company for 4 years in a row serving Toronto and GTA

 Request a Quote

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.