Squirrels always delight us with their aerobatics, and their chattering brings laughter and smiles. However, squirrels are a nuisance for gardeners and homeowners in Toronto. They keep digging up the tulip bulbs, dig holes in the lawn, hunt for seeds, and bury their food in vegetable gardens. For the majority of homeowners in Toronto, these bushy-tailed creatures only frustrate and stress. Thus, homeowners have to consult the experts at animal control in Toronto to remove them from the gardens safely. Squirrels’ teeth keep growing incessantly, which helps them gnaw on anything for self-defence or to find food.
Signs to Watch out for To Confirm Squirrels Are in Your Garden
Here are the signs that can help you find out if squirrels are in your garden:
- Dug holes about the size of a golf ball in your planting beds.
- Bite marks on your garden’s fruits and vegetables.
- Disappeared plants.
- Chewed seed heads.
- Partly eaten flowers.
- Digging in planters.
These are the signs that can help you determine if the squirrels are in your garden in Toronto. Squirrels can usually be found in many parts of Toronto, particularly landscapes and areas with many trees. It is not a simple job to keep these wild animals away from your garden. Nevertheless, there are tricks to outsmart these rodents that you can use apart from calling animal control in Toronto.
4 Tricks to Outsmart Squirrels and Keep Them Away from Your Garden
Here are our four tricks for you:
- Remove Things Attracting Them: Squirrels like the smell of fallen nuts, fruits, and seeds. You can clean these food sources from the base of your tree and the bird feeders. Do not forget to tighten the lids of trash cans in your garden, also.
- Make Use of Repellents: Several recipes can help you repel the squirrels from your garden. Some of those include capsicum and compounds for making the pepper hot. Using peppermint, vinegar, or both in combination can help too. Reapply the mixture if it rains, but do not spray the plants you intend to eat.
- Scare These Rodents Away: Keeping a dog or a cat in a garden yard will keep squirrels away from visiting and finally settling down. If you train your dog to dispel squirrels, you can quickly get rid of them from your garden.
- Hunt and Cage Squirrels: You can remove squirrels from your garden by setting up a cage or cover. You may utilize plastic bird netting, a hardware net, or a chicken wire for this purpose.
These are four tricks for outsmarting squirrels and keeping them away from your garden. You can easily try the above tricks to protect your garden from squirrels. If these don’t work, you will have to call experts at animal control in Toronto to remove the squirrels for you in such a case. Remember, experts are trained and know the best strategies for humane animal control in Toronto.
Squirrels may look delightful and cheerful to see in Toronto, but these rodents are frustrating for gardeners. However, you may benefit from the following four tricks to get rid of the squirrels from your garden:
- Remove anything from your garden that can attract squirrels.
- Make the most of natural repellents to keep these rodents away.
- Keep a cat or a dog in your garden yard to scare them away.
- Exclude them from your garden using a cage or a cover.
If you still fail to remove them from your garden, consult the experts at animal control in Toronto for squirrel removal.