If you have been seeing tiny red bugs crawling around your home or business, you may have a clover mite infestation. Clover mites are very small insects that can be difficult to see with the naked eye. They get their name from their preference for clover plants, but they will also feed on other types of vegetation. In this blog post, we will discuss everything you need to know about clover mites: what they are, what they do, how to get rid of them, and more!
What Are Clover Mites?
Clover mites are tiny, red insects that measure less than one millimetre in length. They have oval-shaped bodies and long legs that allow them to move quickly. Clover mites do not have wings, so they cannot fly. These pests get their name from their preference for clover plants, but they will also feed on other types of vegetation, including grasses, trees, and shrubs. Clover mites are not dangerous to humans or animals and do not bite or sting. However, they can be a nuisance because they reproduce rapidly and can invade homes and businesses in large numbers.
What Do Clover Mites Do?
Clover mites feed on plant sap, which can cause damage to vegetation. They are most active in spring and early summer when they are reproducing. Clover mite infestations are often noticed when these pests invade homes and businesses in large numbers. When clover mites enter a building, they crawl around until they find a suitable place to feed on plants or fabric (such as upholstered furniture or curtains).
How to Get Rid of Clover Mites
If you have a clover mite infestation, there are several things you can do to get rid of them:
- Remove any vegetation near the building, such as bushes, trees, or grasses. This will reduce the number of places where clover mites can hide and lay their eggs.
- Seal any cracks or openings in the building’s foundation, walls, and doors. This will prevent clover mites from entering.
- Vacuum regularly to remove clover mites that are already inside the building. Be sure to dispose of the vacuum bag immediately after use so that the clover mites cannot escape and infest again.
- Call a pest control company for assistance if you are unable to get rid of the infestation on your own. Ant removal companies can also be effective in getting rid of clover mites.
How can a Pest Control Company Help With Clover Mites?
A pest control company can help you get rid of clover mites by:
- Inspecting your home or business to find the source of the infestation.
- Identifying any cracks or openings that need to be sealed.
- Treating the inside and outside of your building with an insecticide.
- Providing tips for preventing future infestations.
If you suspect you have a clover mite infestation, contact a pest control company right away for assistance. These tiny insects reproduce quickly and can be difficult to get rid of on your own. With the help of a professional, you can eliminate the infestation and prevent it from coming back! Thanks for reading! We hope this blog post has helped teach you everything.