From pests to critters, to rodents. Be it carpenter ants or bed bugs or even mice. What do they all have in common? No one likes them. No one wants them around. As such, look no further than Pesticon for pest control, Ant control services, bed bugs extermination, you name it, we’ll eradicate it.
Carpenter ant infestation can potentially be a problem if undetected and/or left untreated. In order to detect an infestation before it is too late, one must look out for these specific signs of carpenter ant infestation. First, carpenter ants almost rarely nest in dry wood, often seeking wood softened by moisture, decay, or other insects. Tracking indoor infestations, one must pay close attention to attic vents, foundations, telephone lines, wall voids, window and foam panels, areas with high moisture, uncovered structural lumber, wood soiled into the ground, and poorly ventilated areas. The presence of carpenter ants can be a signal to moisture problem in general.
Once an infestation is detected, Here are a few sure ways to help you get rid of carpenter ant infestations:
- Using chemicals and pesticides can help eliminate existing nests and prevent new ones from forming. Note* chemical control is most effective when used in conjunction with physical control below*
- Ensure that there are no humidity problems in your home
- Replace any decaying or infested structural wood from your home
- Remove any firewood from inside and the outskirts of buildings
- Eliminate all food sources in order to discourage ants from infesting in buildings
- Seal food in containers and continuously maintain clean floors and counters. No crumbs or any other food fragments
- Ensure general home cleanliness to avoid re-infestation
If done correctly, preventative active measures such as maintaining a clean home, free from moisture build-up, and detecting as well as removal off properly, decaying wood in and around the house, can ensure a carpenter ant-free environment.
Pesticon is pest control company in Toronto that aims to aid you in eradicating any sort of critters, bugs, pests, and rodents that makes its way to your home, or place of business. From bed bugs extermination to ant control services, Pesticon leads the way in pest control in the GTA, ensuring a sanitary and clean environment free from all sorts of pests