Having an ant infestation in the bedroom in Toronto can be painful, frustrating and annoying, but a dirty and unkempt bedroom invited these pests. Ants naturally attract moisture and get their food from your crumbs and spilled drinks.
Fortunately, You can easily eliminate these unwanted visitors as long as you are diligent about keeping a clean, tidy and moisture and crumbs-free bedroom. Your ant problem will disappear as quickly as it came if you maintain a hygienic bedroom.
This article will help you find out how to eliminate ants in your bedroom. However, if you are experiencing a heavy infestation of ants causing damage to household items, for example, wood, the carpenter ants are at work. You need to call an exterminator for ant control in Toronto.
We will advise you to follow up with the invaluable tips discussed in this article on how to get rid of ants in the bedroom.
Nine Ways To Get Rid Of Ants in Toronto In The Bedroom
- Keep a clean house: Ants journey long distances in search of food, so when your bedroom provides them with the food they seek, they come in their numbers. So, a neat and well-kept bedroom will do the trick in keeping them out.
- Wipe spills and crumbs: The particles of food and drink in your bedroom welcome the ants to your abode. So, ensure no food is available for them when they come by. It’s important to wipe drink spills and sweep food crumbs immediately after eating. Also, endeavour to sweep the bedroom daily with a vacuum cleaner.
- Dispose of garbage from the bedroom daily: Leaving the garbage in the bedroom longer than usual invites the ants. You should ensure you put all your trash in garbage bags and seal them properly. It is advisable also to take out your trash daily so that the ants do not discover the contents of the garbage bag and invade in their numbers. I will advise you to get a trash can to keep in your garbage bag to prevent the infestation of ants.
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the bedroom: Since ants are after food, a dirty plate, dirty spoon, dirty knife, or dirty mug may be a food source for them. So, it would help if you tried to pack up the dishes from the bedroom after a meal to avoid the infestation of the ants.
- Keep clothes and room tidy: Ants are not only after your food crumbs and drink spills, but they are also after a place of shelter. What other comfortable and suitable place would it be for them than an untidy and unkempt bedroom in Toronto? Therefore, keep your clothes in appropriate places and tidy your bedroom to prevent the infestation of ants.
- Make use of natural repellents: In the case of an already infested bedroom, natural repellents can help chase the ants in no time. They will be off as quickly as they came.
- Vinegar is an enemy of ants because ants will never be present where vinegar has been sprayed. So, spray a mixture of water and vinegar at strategic locations in your bedroom to serve as a deterrent to the ants. It is noteworthy that this mixture doesn’t kill the ants.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon or coffee: Ground cinnamon or coffee helps to deter ants from infesting your bedroom. Ants do not like ground cinnamon and coffee. So you can sprinkle some at your doorstep to deter the ants from entering your bedroom.
- Use borax and sugar as poison mixture: Mixing borax and sugar can help deter ants. You can mix it yourself or buy it premixed, whichever way you want. Borax is a natural cleaning agent, but it effectively kills ants. The sugar content attracts the ants, and the borax will do the rest, leaving you with multitudes of dead ants!
The presence of ants in your bedroom can be prevented and eliminated! So when you have an ant infestation in your bedroom, you know what to do next get in touch with a pest control company like Pesticon specializing in ant control in Toronto, right away. Contact us, and we can help you get rid of ants.