Having an infestation of ants in the bedroom can be painful, frustrating and annoying; but these pests were invited by a dirty and an unkempt bedroom. Ants are naturally attracted to moisture and get their food from your crumbs and spilled drinks.
Fortunately, these unwanted visitors can easily be gotten rid of as long as you are diligent about keeping a clean, tidy and moisture and crumbs free bedroom. Your ant problem will disappear as quickly as it came if you maintain an hygienic bedroom.
In this article, you would find out how to get rid of ants in your bedroom in no time. However, if you are experiencing heavy infestation of ants causing damage to household items, for example wood, the carpenter ants are at work. You need to call an exterminator.
I’ll advise you to follow up with the invaluable tips discussed in this article on how to get rid of ants in the bedroom.
9 ways to get rid of ants in the bedroom
- Keep a clean house: Ants journey long distances in search of food so when your bedroom provides them with the food they seek, they come in their numbers. So, a neat and well kept bedroom will do the trick in keeping them out.
- Wipe spills and crumbs: The particles of food and drink located in your bedroom is what welcomes the ants to your abode. So, make sure there is no food available for them when they come by. It’s important to wipe drink spills and sweep food crumbs immediately after eating. Also endeavor to sweep the bedroom daily with a vacuum cleaner.
- Dispose garbage from the bedroom daily: Leaving the garbage in the bedroom longer than usual invites the ants. You should make sure you put all your trash in garbage bags and seal properly. It is advisable also to take out your trash daily so that the ants do not discover the contents of the garbage bag and invade in their numbers. I will advise you get a trash can to keep your garbage bag so as to prevent the infestation of ants.
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the bedroom: Since ants are after food, dirty plate, dirty spoon, dirty knife or dirty mug may be a source of food for them. So, you should try to pack up the dishes from the bedroom after a meal so as to avoid the infestation of the ants.
- Keep clothes and room tidy: Ants are not only after your food crumbs and drink spills, they are also after a place of shelter. What other comfortable and suitable place would it be for them than an untidy and unkempt bedroom ? Therefore, keep your clothes in appropriate places and keep your bedroom tidy always so as to prevent the infestation of ants in your bedroom.
- Make use of natural repellents: In the case of an already infested bedroom, natural repellents can help chase the ants in no time. They will be off as quickly as they came.
- Vinegar is an enemy of ants: This is because ants will never be present where vinegar has been sprayed. So, spray a mixture of water and vinegar at strategic locations in your bedroom to serve as a deterrent to the ants. It is noteworthy that this mixture doesn’t kill the ants.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon or coffee: Ground cinnamon or coffee helps to deter ants from infesting your bedroom. Ants do not like ground cinnamon and coffee. So you can sprinkle some at your doorstep to deter the ants from entering your bedroom.
- Use borax and sugar as poison mixture: Mixing borax and sugar can help deter ants. You can mix it yourself or buy it premixed, whichever way you want. Borax is a natural cleaning agent but it is effective for killing ants. The sugar content attracts the ants and the borax will do the rest thereby leaving you with multitudes of dead ants!
The presence of ants in your bedroom can be prevented and gotten rid of! So when next you have an infestation of ants in your bedroom, you know what to do. Contact us, and we can help you get rid of ants for good.